Applications for this job are closed
To find alternative jobs please browse through our job listings
Farm Assistants Required- Dairy
|Payment (NZD):||$15.25 + Holiday pay|
|Region:||Christchurch & Canterbury|
DAIRY FARM WORKERS REQUIRED IN THE CANTERBURY REGION
We currently have several farms in the Canterbury region looking for dairy farm assistants. Herd sizes ranging from 300 - 2000 cows, milking in both rotary and herringbone sheds.
So save yourself some time searching for a job, and let us do the hard work for you - APPLY TO US TODAY!
What our farmers can offer you:
- Hands on dairy farming experience
- Plenty of work hours from 40-60 hours per week
- Rent free furnished accommodation, either single or shared with other workers
- Fortnightly payment of wages starting at minimum wage
- Support from our recruitment agency while you work on the farm which also includes the employer reimbursing your travel cost to the farm within NZ if you work over 12 weeks
What our farmers are seeking:
- Commitment to work for a minimum of 3 months, however shorter or longer term positons are available.
- Previous dairy or beef farming background
- Calving or calf rearing experience would helpful for the farmers as they are currently in calving season
- Machinery skills i.e. tractor driving, experience with riding motorbikes or quad bikes
- Dairy farming particularly over calving and mating season is a tough time and requires strong/physical candidates that can pick up new born calves and carry buckets of milk and feed
- Full drivers license
- Own car is preferred
- Valid working holiday visa or the ability to apply for one
To apply: please send your CV and NZ cell phone number to us. If you are currently abroad, we can set up a Skype interview.