1997 Toyota Hiace Self Contained Diesel
New WOF yesterday - valid for 6 months (22/9/17)
With great sadness, the time has come to sell our self contained campervan, which has seen us safely through six months of travelling in New Zealand. From day one, the van has run perfectly: it is solid, reliable and runs like a trooper with its indestructible 2.8 litre diesel engine. The campervan structure and self containment set up has been done entirely by us, therefore it has been treated with love, and hasn't been used and abused by lots of backpackers (we all know it's true!). We bought the van from a carpenter who was selling because he had bought a new Hiace - he had owned it since it was imported in 2005.
--- Details ---
- 268,461 km (current mileage)
- Self contained for two people until November 2020 (passed with flying colours!)
- Diesel 3L engine (bulletproof and efficient)
- Automatic gearbox
- Brand new WOF - expires 22nd September 2017
- Cambelt changed at 259,523 km (next due 369,000 km)
- Three seats
- Just had an oil, oil filter and air filter change (not required for another 9000 km)
--- Features ---
- Two bench seats, which convert into a full sized double bed
- Four tailor-made, thick foam squabs, covered in a waterproof marine fabric (great for using outdoors)
- 25 litre fresh water tank and 25 litre grey water tank (easily removable with a shut-off valve)
- Kitchen set up enables you to cook inside when it is raining
- Lots of storage space under the benches and under the worktop without obstructing any windows
- Extra storage for personal items/clothes next to bed
- Stainless steel sink with hand pump tap
- Two work surfaces with non-slip matting
- Custom made curtains
- Unused portaloo
- Tinted rear windows for extra privacy
- Roof racks and tow bar
- CD player with aux and USB connection
--- Also Included ---
- Camping table and two folding camp chairs
- K2 cooler 30L ice bin (cost $90 and much better than the cheap chilly bins from Warehouse)
- 3kg gas bottle and Gasmate double burner camp stove
- Whistling kettle - essential for good camping!
- Two body boards
- Double USB 12V charger (plugs into cigarette lighter)
- Solar shower
- Multiple storage boxes
- Double duvet and cover, two pillows and pillowcases, and bed sheet.
- Extra thick woollen blanket for cold nights
- Custom-made mosquito net which attaches magnetically around the window (we have found this essential, especially with the pesky sandflies)
- Cooking equipment (everything you need including pots, pans, crockery, tupperware and cutlery)
- Assortment of travel brochures, information and maps
- Miscellaneous DIY bits and pieces including rope/washing line, polish etc
- Battery powered fairy lights
This van has been genuinely brilliant for travelling New Zealand. There are so many beautiful places that we've been able to stay (mostly for free) because it is self contained. The vast majority of freedom sites in NZ do not allow non-self contained vehicles.
The van is mechanically sound and has performed faultlessly for the 10,000km that we've travelled in it. We hope its new owners will enjoy owning it as much as we have!
We're now in Auckland (north)
Viewings welcome from now. Van available for purchase from 29th March (negotiable).
Contact via Facebook messenger or
Thanks for looking
James and Abi Manning
Before buying a campervan or car we recommend that you get the vehicle checked by an independent mechanic or have an inspection by the AA undertaken to ensure there are no major faults or problems. If you are renting or taking advantage of a buyback scheme make sure you have a valid contract in place. SCAM ALERT
Please be aware of scammers that have been operating on buy and sell websites such as ours. They claim to be working away but will want to buy and sell a vehicle remotely. DO NOT engage with these enquiries or transfer any money without meeting the buyer or seller in person.
Contact this advertiser
Call them on 02108200352 or complete the form below: