Facebook Twitter Google Plus
backpackerboard
guided tours in New Zealand

Arriving January 2011

Come and tell everyone when you are arriving in NZ so you can catch up with travellers heading out at the same time!

Abel Tasman Starting Jan 20th From Christchurch

Postby fkeating » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:55 am

Hey all, I live in Christchurch so not really arriving so much as continuing an adventure. I am looking for travel mates leaving Christchurch Jan 20 or 21 and interested on tramping perhaps the Abel Tasman. I am looking to maybe do a full loop on the Abel Tasman up the coast then down the inland track to get back but hey im flexible. I am not looking for an all out get it done as fast as you can kind of hike more or a what ever happens happens where ever we stop we stop its all good. At this point I have no confirmed plans I am not even sure how I want to get there. Although I have a vehicle I am inclined to hitch or bus or car share to get to the track. I am also flexible as to the track I am keen on Doubtful or Milford Sound ( Milford huts are sold out so it would be bush camping 500+m off the track if thats where we go) whatever, I have a few weeks to have some fun with in the summer so open to options. I would consider a trip up to the north island as well so post some ideas and lets see what happens.
fkeating

Ignore above

Postby fkeating » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:57 am

Ignore my message above. Jan 2012 not 2011 duh
fkeating

Previous

Return to New Zealand Arrivals