Facebook Twitter Google Plus
backpackerboard
guided tours in New Zealand

Looking for company to travel both islands.

Travelling to New Zealand and want to find like minded travellers to do it with? Then come on in and introduce yourself!!!

Looking for company to travel both islands.

Postby Smitten12 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:07 am

Hey guys, i am a 22 year old female. and I am on a work/holiday visa for the next year and am looking for someone or some people to travel around with. I am currently on South Island Blenheim. I don't have a license to drive but would love some company on my travels. So if you have a a way of travelling or are willing to hope on some public transport.... let me know if you're interested. :)
(P.s my name is Tara)
Smitten12

Re: Looking for company to travel both islands.

Postby andrewsm1992 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:12 pm

Hey Tara, my names Andrew, i'm 24, from UK and am going to be doing a year long working holiday visa starting at the end of February.

Going to be starting in Auckland for a few weeks and then making my way down to the south island to hopefully get a job for the ski season in June, but depending on what you're planning, our paths might end up crossing. I plan to buy a car, stay at campsites and also do some WWOOFing along the way.
andrewsm1992

Postby Smitten12 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:26 pm

Hi Andrew, that sounds great I'm actually from the UK too. I don't actually have specific plans for travelling. I might be heading up north in a few weeks to visit family and take a trip to hobbiton but nothings been organised yet. We could possibly meet at some point. Just let me know :) and I shall keep up to date where abouts I am.
Smitten12

Postby Smitten12 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:40 pm

It would be nice to have some company even it's just for a short while.
Smitten12

Postby pwnzrschreck » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:48 am

Hey Tara,

My names Josh, I'm 27, from the US and also here on a working holiday visa. I'm currently in Wanaka, and will probably stay around here for a bit or head down to Queenstown. I picked up a small car and am looking for someone to travel with. I do camp a good bit and stay in a hostel every once in a while to do laundry/meet other travelers. Planning to head south to the Fiordlands to do some tramping then probably start working my way north, eventually back to the north island and all the way up it. Depending on what opportunities for work pop up I could also see myself staying longer somewhere on the south island.

If you think you my style of travel would work for you and can get yourself to Queenstown or Wanaka in the next few days let me know!

Cheers,
Josh
pwnzrschreck

Next

Return to Travellers Lounge